4th November 2015 National Stress Awareness Day (NSAD)
You can find lots of information and free resources at the official website: International Stress Management Association (ISMA).
There are many reasons why we may feel stressed, we have busy lifestyles and we do not always feel that we are in control, we also have coping mechanisms that we do not necessarily realise we have.
Here are LSC’s Top 10 Ways to Relieve Stress
- Indulge: book a treatment such as a massage or a reiki session or use aromatherapy oils to aid relaxation at home
- Talk to friends, colleagues, family or connect with your online social network
- Listen to what your body is telling you, take 5 minutes out of your busy schedule and simply relax
- Heat up a wheat bag or fill a hot-water bottle to relieve your aching shoulders
- Laugh at funny videos on YouTube and have a giggle
- Move: book a gym class, go for a swim or take the dog for a walk round the block to encourage the endorphins
- Music: put all of your favourite tunes or thought provoking songs on your iPod and lose yourself for a while
- Meditate: repeat an encouraging phrase over and over to allow focus
- Write: note down all of your favourite things to do and places you enjoy visiting
- Be Mindful: take time out to regulate your breathing – in for 3 seconds and out for 2