We have been providing support to disabled and dyslexic people in education for nearly 20 years. Our service has evolved as a holistic service based on our clients’s ideas and needs.
Support we currently provide:
- Specialist Study Skills Tutors
- Personal Carers
- Learning Support Assistants
- Mobility and Access Support
- Assistive Technology Trainers
- Mental Health Mentors
- Sighted Guides
- Exam Scribes and Readers
Why should I use The Learning Support Centre for my support?
- We understand that different courses have different requirements on your time. We can offer remote support via Skype, Zoom, MS Teams or telephone 9 AM to 9 PM, 7 days a week
- We have a matching rationale, ensuring you are matched to a support worker, mentor, tutor or trainer who understands your needs
- All our support staff have been trained and have relevant experience and/or qualifications to undertake the support
- Confidentiality is paramount so accessing our support services can be discrete if required
- Our Leicester office has 12 education support rooms with computer and Internet access. Local students can have support off campus and at our offices if preferred.
- Our senior team has experience managing Higher and Further Educational support services. We have excellent relationships with the universities, colleges and funding bodies enabling us to successfully problem solve and signpost.
Support is usually funded through the Disabled Students’ Allowance but some people can use direct payments or pay privately. If you use our service we will deal with all the employment issues so you will not have to worry about recruitment, payment of tax and national insurance.
Find out if you are eligible for Disabled Students’ Allowance.