Academic Support Worker
Currently Recruiting: Leicester, Leicestershire, Birmingham, London and York
IMPORTANT: If we are not currently recruiting in your area and you meet the essential requirements for this role, please complete the application form so that we can save you details and contact you if any work becomes available in your area.
Contract Type: Flexible hours- Term time only
Overall purpose of role
To provide academic support to students with disabilities in Higher and Further Education, this will involve reading, taking notes in lectures, seminars and tutorials. Depending on the nature of the student’s disability the notes may need to be typed up and emailed to the student. The student may also need mobility, orientation, sighted assistance and access support on and around campus, if this is the case it is your job to provide this support. Under no circumstances is it your job to provide personal care for your student, your role is purely academic.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- Taking academic notes in lectures, seminars and tutorials for students in higher and further education with a range of disabilities
- In some instances you may be asked to provide personal assistance to your student in and around campus, in the form of sighted or mobility assistance and library support
- Produce notes that are clear, complete and legibly written
- Manage paper work effectively, i.e. filling in time sheets accurately and promptly posting them at the end of each month
- Attend any relevant training or meetings
- You will be expected to represent in a professional and service orientated manner. This includes adhering to our stringent policies including those on confidentiality and safe guarding young people
- Actively managing personal development in agreement with the Manager.
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required by The Learning Support Centre.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in studying or working in a Higher or Further Education setting
- Experience in supporting disabled people or people with specific learning differences in education and/or in the workplace
- Maths and English GCSE C Grade
- Educated or Study at Degree level or equivalent
Benefits working for The Learning Support Centre
- Access to our latest communication hub with live updates on our, collaboration and productivity
- Full accredited training provided
- Working with innovative and Award winning company
[contact-form-7 id=”3535″ title=”Initial Academic Support Worker”]