Access to Work grants are only available if the employer is based in England, Scotland or Wales.
You must be 16 or over and either:
- about to start a job or work trial
- in a paid job or self-employed (you can’t get a grant for voluntary work)
You might also qualify if you’re getting New Enterprise Allowance or starting work experience under a Youth Contract.
Your disability or health condition must affect your ability to do a job or mean you have to pay work-related costs. For example, special computer equipment or travel costs because you can’t use public transport.
Your mental health condition must affect your ability to do a job. It must also mean you need support to:
- start a new job
- reduce absence from work
- stay in work
You might not qualify if you get any of these benefits:
- Incapacity Benefit
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Income Support
- National Insurance Credits
You can transfer your grant to another employer if you change jobs.