Job Coaches, Note takers, Assistive Technology Training, Personal Assistants, Communication Support The Learning Support Centre can provide you with reliable, qualified and vetted support staff to ensure Access to Work support is a positive experience.
With tailored support you will be able to develop lifelong independent strategies to improve your confidence, skills and performance in your job and career.
Is tailored to your individual learning styles and needs and to the requirements of your employer and job role.
Is delivered on a one-to-one basis to develop core skills and competencies, to enable you to develop independent skills and strategies for life, for example:
- Planning, organisation and time management techniques
- Action planning and goal setting
- Job specific tasks e.g. written correspondence, social interaction & communication, presentations, practical tasks, efficiency working, customer service
- Strategies to manage stress and anxiety
- Training in assistive technologies, software and hardware
- Building confidence and independence
If you are searching for work we can help with job preparation: job searching & application, CV writing, interview techniques
For employers we can offer tailored consultancy and training service aimed to develop and enhance your service and team.
We will keep in touch to ensure that you are happy with the support you are receiving.
When and where?
We want you to be able to access your support when and where it is right for you, so your support can be delivered at work or virtually via email, telephone or Skype, 9am-9pm 7 days a week.
Our support services are funded privately, by the employer or through Access to Work.